Monday, November 11, 2013

4758 Lamashan 10th

Evindra, We traveled to see if we could get the Sootscale Kobold clan to join us. We could only get five kobold slingers and only if the goblins join in, too. He then went to the Soretoe goblin clan and where able to negotiate that five goblin archers join us. We travel to the stage lord fortress stopping short from seeing the fort and hiding in the tall grass near the river. I changed into a bat form and the party put one of Bokken ethereal oil on me so I could enter the fort without being seen. I found out that there is only 10 total in the fort with one man prisoner and an owl bear present. We fall back to the forest to plan the next night attack because I was afraid that the Goblins and Kobolds would cause trouble and bring the Staglord against us when we were not ready. We had our plan and went back to the Staglord fortress. The goblins did not want to do what was planned and guard captain did not want to split his command. So, we hope that the goblins would do as they were told. Me and Hadhod started to crawl to the fort and stumbled into a buried zombie, which Hadhod destroy on one hit. The goblins also ran into the buried zombies but were all killed because they panic. We return to the group and I wanted to leave but Gregor said he could find them and get us around them. So, we waited for the fortress to quiet down again, as they believed that a few goblins ran into the zombie trap and all was well. Gregor set the guards men and Solvanna in placed. Then the rest of us moved out under Gregor guidance and he set the kobolds in placed. The rest of us went to the fortress gate. Hadhod climbed over the wall, removed the gate bar and set the door down without anyone inside the fortress aware of our entrance. I signal the kobolds and fighters to begin firing on the guard towers while Hadhod and Ulfgar attacked the bandits in tents. Those bandits we did not know of. I did not want the dwarfs to leave the gate but they did along with Gregor. So, I decided to use the flaming sphere ball to burn down the gate of the owl bear cage. This took long than I thought because the owl bear was afraid of the fire and did not try to crash though the burning gate. He had total surprise the attack caught the bandits unprepared even though they had 15 more bandits in the fortress that we did not count on. Gregor and I killed the big fighter on top of the keep because he leaped off to knock Gregor down but failed. Then Gregor killed the thief because we killed the thief friend. Hadhod and Ulfgar killed all the bandits in the tents. Our missile fire took out the guards on top of the keep. Just when almost all of the bandits were killed the Stage Lord showed up in the tower. Our thief Loren was sneaking around to the back of the keep and attacked the Stag Lord which kept him up so our missile troops could shot at him too. We all started to move into the keep and get on top when I noticed the keep was going be destroyed by fire. So, I went to see if I could free the prisoner below well the others attacked the stag lord. I found the prisoner and when I went to free him he attacked me and almost killed me. I ran and decided to free the owl bear instead. I believe the prisoner was the stag lord father and the one who set the zombie traps. I was able to friend the owl bear and get it out of the cage when the others were coming down from killing the stag lord. Loren had gone into the stag lord room and removed a chest I’m sure he took more than that he shared with the group just because I remember more than one chest in the room. Just as the owl bear was freed Hadhod show up and I thought he was going to kill the owl bear but Hadhod stop when I said I have him under control. We all left the burning keep it was amazing to find out we only lost the goblins in the attack. I released the owl bear and found out I lost my wolf when I friend the owl bear. We waited the rest of this day and most of the next day for the coals to cool down. During that time we located the rest of the buried zombies and destroyed them. We buried the bandit bodies that were not totally burn up in the fire. Hadhod was wearing the stag lord helmet now and it looks frightening on him, too. Once we were able to get near the trap door I was able to cast a couple of wind gusts to clear the smoke out from below. Most of the treasure was destroyed in the fire. We did get a lot of coins and some weapons. He headed back to Oleg’s with our treasure. We drop off the kobolds and what we promised them plus I gave them some of mine treasure. Next we stop at the golbins and I told them we lost their archers to a zombie trap set by the stag lord father but told them where we buried the bandit bodies for their payment. Now that the main threat in the area has been removed Solvanna wants to civilize the area by building a town. What should I do now? Glade

No comments:

Post a Comment